Because power without control is no use at all.
On many occasions, during the handling of objects by means of a bridge crane to assemble complex parts in a delicate and precise way, the swaying of the load that occurs while it is being moved makes these manipulation and assembly processes difficult and slow.
Under these circumstances, a reliable and precise crane is required to keep the load stable even at high speeds.
GH implements a load stabilisation system in its cranes through its CORE+ STABILITY solution.
The characteristics of this system developed by GH are as follows:
- Reduction of the swaying effect due to the acceleration and braking movements of the load.
- Effective for the movement of both the trolley and the crane.
- Touch screen: Easy to configure and allows monitoring of the crane status (electrical consumption, alarms and system errors).
- Easy adaptation to existing cranes. The CORE+ unit can be fixed to the electrical cabinet door.
This system offers several advantages over other cranes that do not have a stability control system installed for the handling and transport of the load.
- Greater speed + Greater precision = Increased Productivity and Safety.
- No complications for the operator: The system reduces the sway automatically.
HOW THIS SYSTEM WORKS
1/ CORE+ STABILITY continuously receives the following inputs from the frequency converters:
- Operator orders (accelerate/decelerate).
- Actual speeds (lifting operations, trolleys and crane).
- Vertical position of the hooks (provided by the encoder in the lifting motors).
2/ The exclusive algorithm that it uses determines the optimal acceleration/deceleration ramps based on these inputs.
3/ CORE+ STABILITY communicates with the frequency converters, controlling the execution of the movement.
4/ Return to point 1.
This system complements our cranes, resulting in a high-end product, which increases production, improves performance and increases safety.