It’s time to demonstrate what you have to offer.
GH Cranes, through its new GH OLEA project, launches a competition aimed at:
- Teams made up of students who are in the last year of their undergraduate degree or master’s programme and who have innovative ideas with potential for commercial applications.
- Teams of PhD students who are interested in applying the findings of their research commercially.
The competition consists of submitting innovation projects related to any of these three fields:
- Safety in the handling of cranes.
- Automation of cranes and processes.
- Digitisation of the work processes of cranes and data processing.
Two projects will be selected, which will be awarded:
A first prize of €6,000
A second prize of €2,000
The winning teams can also develop and submit to GH CRANES a feasibility study for the creation of a company that develops the idea and industrialises it under the umbrella of the GH Group, which will co-finance the activity.
The deadline is 29 February 2020. GH CRANES will make a first selection of the best ideas and will ask the selected teams for a more detailed report on the project.
You can sign up by filling in the form on this page.
In october, we received the official news that gh has been accepted as full member of the Crane Manufacturers Association of America (CMAA).
This news is a significant boost for our brand, because it means being recognised by this Association as a manufacturer with full membership; that is, with the right to receive information about the sector, the ability to influence its regulation and, of course, contribute our experience towards shaping the safety, control and preparation of the regulations that apply to the world of lifting equipment.
Belonging to the CMAA is not only positive for our Brand in the American market, but also a recognition that will give our international expansion a strong stimulus.
Now, apart from taking part in the “Lifting Club”, we must have a proactive attitude so that our ideas can be incorporated in this Association, and that will require significant work by people within GH that cover fields of work of the CMAA such as:
- Mechanical Engineering (components)
- Structural Engineering (beams, columns and runways)
- Electrical Engineering
- Marketing / Administration
If we had to make a comparison to illustrate this huge step in our presence in the American market, we could say that now we have risen to First Division; we have to fight to be at the top positions.